Apply before October 30, 2022 at firstname.lastname@example.org
HireDirect is partnering with a growing client to hire a Human Resources Manager/Director. The HR Manager/Director is responsible for overseeing personnel and daily operations of the human resources department as well as oversight of office administration. If you thrive in a dynamic work environment that requires the ability to balance multiple responsibilities, this may be the role for you. The company is located in Englewood Cliffs NJ and this role is in-office.
What you get to do every single day
- Partners with peers across the company to facilitate alignment, promote a positive environment and culture consistent with the core values and goals of the company.
- Partners to proactively drive and influence programs, policies, and practices designed to enhance employee engagement, reduce turnover, and ensure legal compliance.
- Drives the talent agenda for the corporate functions. Ensures the creation and development of succession planning strategies, influences career development programs for all levels, development needs assessments, and other innovative development strategies.
- Ensure that the company’s procedures comply with employment regulations
- Manage and perform payroll for the employees
- Work with the executive team and outside brokers on benefit & 401K selection or modification
- Oversee recruitment, selection, and the onboarding process
- Manage the company’s appraisal system and conducting appraisal meetings
- Monitor various aspects of an employee’s performance, such as attendance and sick leave
- Assess the need for training and then designing and implementing training programs accordingly
- Handle any disciplinary processes and formal grievances
- Set and review pay structures and employee perks and benefits
- Work with management on performance management and job description maintenance
- Review new hires monthly for ACA compliance
- Prepare FMLA paperwork as needed
- Maintain employee benefits programs and inform employees of benefits
- Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements
- Maintain management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- Maintain organization staff by establishing a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program; counseling managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; recommending changes
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate staff
- A solid understanding of the key principles of employment law
- The ability to remain calm in stressful situations including during disciplinary hearings or staff conflicts
- Knowledge of the relevant HR management systems
- Solid ethics and morals and sound judgment
- Proficient with MS Office applications (Outlook/Word/Excel).
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to maintain a positive, professional demeanor.
- Possess strong organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Must be a team player.