HIREDIRECT Financial Services are hiring for a Head of Accounting role for an International Bank located in downtown Manhattan New York. The role is mainly remote, however requires some time in the office during induction/training, eventually only needing 3 or 4 days per month in the office for management meetings. The position reports directly into the Country Head of Branch, works closely with the COO, and manages 2 Accounting staff.
Our client requires 5+ years’ Accounting and Financial Reporting experience at a Bank, with direct people management experience and knowledge of NYDFS and FRB Regulations.
- Responsible for entire Accounting & Finance, Financial Reporting, Budgeting, Expense Control, Asset & Liability (ALCO/ ALM, Balance Sheet) Management, Treasury Function for US Operations
- Exposure to directly dealing with US regulators and examiners is a requirement.
- Experience and knowledge of Credit Function will be preferred.
- Ensure correctness and completeness of the financial statements and records.
- Ensure correct and timely preparation and submission of regular and periodic financial reports for both US Regulatory Agencies and Head Office Regulators.
- Ensure correct and timely preparation and submission of regular periodic financial reports and tailor-made MIS reports to Country Manager and Head Office where required.
- Ensure correctness and completeness of financial statements of Americas Region and ensure that they are in accordance with the requirements of US GAAP and US Regulatory agencies.
- Manage the process of annual closing of accounts, preparation of annual financial statements and prepare all year end reports for Head Office.
- Co-ordinate with External Auditor, Internal auditor, Head Office auditor, US regulators and provide all relevant information and financial reports required during their audits and examinations.
- Prepare Annual Budget for the Americas Region.
- Responsible for all Tax related matters and preparation and submission of returns working closely with Tax Accountants.
- Review existing controls, processes, policies & procedures. Recommend improvements thereto and update to reflect suggested changes and current changes in US GAAP and Regulatory reporting requirements.
- Responsible, as a committee member, to attend and participate in all assigned committee meetings.
- Guide, train, and motivate team members to attain department’s objectives, improve the productivity and create a learning environment.
- 5+ years’ Accounting and Financial Reporting experience at a Bank.
- Direct people management experience.
- Knowledge of NYDFS and FRB Regulations.
- Strong knowledge of Accounting, Audit, Finance, Tax, Reporting, Budgeting, Business Operations and Strategic Planning.
- Knowledge of Accounting & Financial packages software.
- Bachelor/Master degree in Accounting.
- CPA is advantageous.
The Head of Accounting role is hybrid remote requiring time in the downtown Manhattan office, so please only apply if you have relevant experience for the role, are eligible to work in the United States and are able to travel to the office. The salary is flexible dependent on experience, the range is $160-170k base plus bonus. If your profile matches the above criteria, please add me on LinkedIn and email me directly, Usman Siddique.