Renewable Energy focused Financial Services/Investment Advisory Firm is looking to hire a Corporate Accounting Manager to their team. They have returned back to the office on a hybrid work schedule (2-3 days/week), so are seeking locally based candidates only.
This role is heavily involved in technical accounting research, consolidation, lease accounting, the audit process, and development of internal processes to address various control risks. The successful candidate will work cross-departmentally with investments, operations, legal, tax, portfolio accounting, and financial reporting to accomplish its objectives. The Corporate Accounting Manager will report to the Corporate Accounting Senior Manager and will manage a team of 1-3 direct reports (staff and seniors).
- Review and/or prepare technical accounting memos to analyze and support accounting scenarios
- Lead department projects, including developing and maintaining timelines and checklists for multiple projects to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Efficiently and appropriately delegate work to team members and consistently and reliably communicate upwards.
- Anticipate and identify potential issues and challenges created by a particular transaction or process and work proactively with the team to address them.
- Manage the monthly close process across a variety of accounting topics, including leases and equity. Review accounting workpapers and own internal control documentation for corporate accounting processes.
- Manage the consolidation of all portfolio companies within FCCS at the corporate level for monthly, quarterly, and annual close for two public filing entities.
- Manage the new lease accounting process under ASC 842, including ensuring that all leases associated with newly acquired projects are appropriately assessed, valued, and entered into our new lease accounting system, Visual Lease.
- Manage the preparation of equity roll forwards and HLBV models and entries, in collaboration with the portfolio accounting teams and our external service providers.
- Collaborate with other internal teams to gather data, resolve issues, and scale our business processes.
Please send resumes directly to Contact@hiredirect.com, with job title as subject.