Apply before March 30, 2021 at email@example.com
The Human Resources Specialist will source, recruit, and screen/interview potential employees for specific positions at the firm. This position will interact with internal hiring managers and external sources of candidates; recruiting firms, job fairs and shows, schools, etc., as needed to source and identify candidates. This position will assist with other Human Resources generalist activities and programs as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates the recruiting and staffing function, and lifecycle of an employee; develops and implements new sourcing of candidates, manages requisitions, coordinates and schedules interview panels and assessments post-interview.
- Assist in monitoring staffing headcount budget.
- Conducts post offer candidate process, including reference checking, background checks, preemployment drug screens, compensation, and offer letters.
- Consults with hiring manager to understand the requirements, duties, and qualifications desired for the specified vacant position(s).
- Collects and analyzes data to maintain current understanding of fair and competitive market salaries, candidate availability, and demand for candidates in particular fields.
- Screens candidates, selects qualified and interested candidates for the interviewing phase, and then connects viable candidates with hiring managers.
- Participates in job fairs, applicable school or technical school events, and other networking opportunities.
- Acts as liaison between the company and the successful candidate in the new hire, pre-employment process.
- Interacts frequently with outside sources regarding status of candidates; relays interviewer feedback to outside sources to re-calibrate qualifications of candidates as needed.
- Research and assist in retention and engagement strategies.
- Assists with company-wide training programs and annual Open Enrollment for benefit programs.
- Responsible for overseeing Employee Handbook policies, including researching new and modifying existing polices, maintaining necessary compliance.
- Administers Termination Checklists, and the termination process as needed; assists in the onboarding process.
- Assists with company’s Wellness Programs and activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Psychology, or related area.
- At least two to three years of Human Resources or related experience required.
- Preferably experience in a manufacturing environment, with both hourly and salaried workforce.
- SHRM certification a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail; analytical skills
- Excellent relationship building and interaction skills.
- Proficient in HRIS systems; Microsoft Office; excel, power point, word.
- Good understanding of the full recruitment process in an organization.
If you are a self-starter who is passionate about supporting a dynamic and growing company, we would love to hear from you! Contact us now – this position is available and will be staffed by the end of the week!