Apply before February 30, 2022 at email@example.com
HirDirect is seeking an HR Manager for a Brooklyn based medical center to join their team on a contract basis.
serve as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering contracts and help resolve work-related problems.
- Coordinate and supervise the work of Compensation and Benefit Specialists.
- Advise managers on organizational policies, such as equal opportunity and sexual harassment and recommend needed changes.
- Analyze and modify compensation and benefits policies to establish competitive programs and ensure compliance with legal requirements.
- Plan, direct, supervise, and coordinate work activities of subordinates and staff relating to employment, compensation, and benefits.
- Represent organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations.
- Administer compensation, benefits and performance management systems, and safety and recreation programs.
- Maintains the flow of employee action forms for changes in employee status and computer input.
- Ensures the completion of all new hire files, and audits employee files to ensure compliance with hospital polices and regulatory compliance
- Works collaboratively with the recruiter to ensure accurate salaries are offered to new employees.
- Monitors all changes for compliance with hospital policy, brings unusual personnel actions to the attention of the VP of HR and appropriate managers.
- Ensures timely processing of contractually agreed increases, i.e. probationary, step, annual and experience increases.
- Answers inquiries from department Directors/Managers and employees regarding paid time-off eligibility and entitlement.
- Tracks competencies for JCAHO compliance, compiles and provides this information to the VP, HR.
- Reviews qualifications and licensure requirements for compliance with legal guidelines.
- Explains compensation policy and systems to supervisors.
- Reviews exceptions to policy in hiring rates, special adjustments, merit or promotional increases to determine the appropriateness of such exceptions.
- Coordinates with payroll and information systems to implement system adjustments, new ranges or rates and individual payroll questions.
- Acts as liaison with information systems for all personnel staff requests.
- Designs report formats and initiates new systems for the storage and reporting of personnel data.
- Resolves operational problems with information systems personnel.
- Generates routine and special reports. Ensures timely distribution of reports to appropriate personnel, including outside agencies.
- Provides monthly tracking or trending reports and ensures timely distribution of same.
- Attends facility meetings, prepares reports and analyzes and provides recommendations in a timely and accurate manner.
- Performs all other duties as requested by the VP, HR and other personnel.
- Initiates Kronos timekeeping for all employees, serves as liaison with Managers, Payroll and IT, troubleshoots and processes adjustments as required.
- HRIS System