HIREDIRECT is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to develop Software as a Service (SaaS) applications. This role analyzes, designs, programs, debugs, and modifies software enhancements. Using common programming languages, the software engineer will write code, complete programming, and perform testing and debugging of applications. You will also complete documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance. May define system requirements and/or necessary modifications with other users. Skilled in logical data modeling. Experience in object-oriented design, coding, performance tuning, and unit testing. This Senior Software Engineer role will be about 75% development and 25% system management and support. This person must have strong communication and team building skills and be able to participate in software design discussions and guide the architecture of the solution based on good object-oriented design concepts, and both industry standard patterns and Microsoft best practices.
Your responsibilities in this role
– Transforms business requirements to conceptual solution architecture and high-level project estimates.
– Create and implement Software as a Service (SaaS) hosted applications according to business requirements.
– Experience creating and managing web services.
– Relational Database experience.
– Experience developing software utilizing open-source languages.
– Strong understanding of scripting library tools.
– Participates in the testing process through test review and analysis, test witnessing and certification of software
– Perform such other duties as may be assigned by management
– Complete design, coding, performance tuning, and unit testing in an object-oriented way
– Able to work on multiple tasks/projects simultaneously with various team members and/or other groups both internally and externally
– Logical data modeling design and implementation skills
– Research, extraction and entry of complex data
– Reviews technical requirements to ensure compliance with business requirements
– Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle process standards and techniques, and appropriate application
– Able to take part in peer code reviews
– Able to manage time well
– Accomplishes proper unit testing and software code written (including automated unit testing)