Apply before August 20, 2022 at email@example.com
Yale Posting Status
CLOSED TO FURTHER APPLICATIONS
University Job Title
Classroom Technology and Media Coordinator 1
L34 – Local 34 (Yale Union Group)
Labor Grade D
212 York Street
New Haven, CT 06511
Standard (M-F equal number of hours per day)
Searchable Job Family
Computing and Information Systems
Total # of hours to be worked:
Work Days/Hours (Other than Standard)
10:30am – 7:00pm
Provides audio-visual support services for University classes and special events, including equipment setup, operation, troubleshooting, preventative maintenance and repair.
- Consults with faculty to assess their classroom and instructional technology needs.
- Chooses or develops solutions (within both Media Services and Academic Media & Technology) that supports pedagogical goals and interoperability within the classrooms.
- Serves as the primary source of information regarding audio-visual technology and provides instruction and training concerning the use of existing equipment.
- Coordinates collaborative course support efforts across Academic Media & Technology including the digitization of analog materials, digital recording of course lectures and use of the course management system and presentation software (Microsoft PowerPoint and Macintosh Keynote).
- Communicates technology, infrastructure, environmental, operational and related support issues within Media Services or with the appropriate service provider.
- Coordinates and executes daily support services for assigned classroom zone (approximately 35 classrooms) and serves as the initial point of contact for reporting and resolving problems in these classrooms.
- Maintains proficiency in the science of audio-visual technology, apply this knowledge to audio-visual systems usage, and support services.
- Coordinates, organizes and executes audio-visual support for University events, including the coordination of collaborative support with ITS partners and Yale service providers.
- Develops and edits departmental documentation regarding system specifications and usage. Documents service requests and problem reports for departmental databases.
- Maintains equipment inventory for assigned classroom zone including records of maintenance and repair.
- Oversees student assistants and coordinate work assignments.
Required Education and Experience
Six years of related work experience, four of them in the same job family at the next lower level, and a high school level education; or four years of related work experience and an Associate degree; or little or no work experience and a Bachelor degree in a related field; or an equivalent combination of experience and education.